Saturday, January 19, 2013

Good Morning Lord, Shooooo Devil 1/18/2013

Good morning,
Earlier this week I mentioned that I went to the Dr. for a physical. Well I didn't have to give up coffee. So this morning, bring on the Door County Cherry Creme!!

Back to the physical. My Dr. also advised more exercise. !!!!Only if duck season could last all year! I would be in shape then.

When I lead mission trips I like to have the teams wake up and do just a little exercise to get them going. I have two purposes in doing that. At the same time we stretch to the sky I have them say
"Morning Lord". As they touch their toes I have them say Shooooo Devil!!!!

If you believe in God you have to believe there is a devil. But the devil likes to think he has power over us. He really tries and sometimes he wins. But he does not have to win.

1 Peter 5:8

8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

James 4:8
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

How about some spiritual exercise and some physical exercise? Tell the Devil to take the "hike". Don't let him into your weekend!

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment