Tuesday, March 28, 2017

You've Got A Friend 3/28/2017

Good Morning,

I never thought when I was a young man that I would be drinking Coffee that was named Door County Turtles In A Cup, but I am. It is a real treat to this day! I was listening to my wife's music that she was playing  last night on the stereo. James Taylor was singing. "You've got a friend". Sometimes that song just reminds me of Jesus and an old buddy of mine. Last night the melody took me down the Jesus road.



John 15:13New International Version (NIV)
13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

I participate in social media conversations and what I have observed at times are pleas from people just hoping to hear something nice. Just to hear a compliment, or to be appreciated seems to be the silent plea of many.  There is nothing worse than feeling alone in this great big world. But we are never alone and the One Constant we can count on is Jesus. He is our Savior, God, Lord, and Friend. The Son of God who loved us so much that He left Heaven to die and prove His love for us.  You've got a friend in Jesus. No one on loves us that much, except for Jesus.

Proverbs 18:24New King James Version (NKJV)

24 A man who has friends must himself be friendly,
But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
 
We all have that one sibling or close friend that we can count on. But even the best of friends and family can have an off day, where they can't be there for us. But Jesus never leaves us. He said " I am with you always"  You got a friend in Jesus.
 
On our best days, He is there. In our deepest and darkest days He is the Light that leads us on. He is our strength when we are weak.  You've got a friend in Jesus.
 
Smile Dear Ones. You've got a Friend!
 
Marty
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment