Wednesday, March 1, 2017

I Will Hold Your Hand 3/1/2017

Good Morning,

My how the week is flying by, The aroma I smell coming from the kitchen must be the Door County Jingle Bell Java that I set to perk last night for this morning.

During my life I have reach many crossroads, where I had to make a choice or I was called upon to do something that wasn't going to be easy to accomplish. I have been called upon to perform some unpleasant tasks or make a choice that impacted others, besides myself.



A long time ago when God laid it upon my heart to step down from doing youth work, was one of those crossroads. I knew it was the right call and that God had something more for me to do. I just did not know what it would be. I could do youth work in my sleep and was very comfortable. To step down and wait on the Lord to show me our next adventure was pretty tough to do. I was afraid of the unknown. Of course I prayed and asked for guidance and assurance that this was the right path. God spoke one night and took away my fears. Here is what He said.

Isaiah 41:10New King James Version (NKJV)
10 Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand

Many times I have relied on these words to carry me through a task or a choice. Each time, what I was worried about soon became a memory. God carried me many times through thick and thin. When I thought I could not bear anymore God carried the load and pulled me through.

Last November, being the oldest sibling of three I was handed an American flag at the funeral service for our Father. I knew Dad would want me to stand tough. The cold weather seemed colder and colder. The guns firing a military salute chilled me to the bone. The bugler playing taps tore at my heart. It was then I recalled that familiar verse one more time and God stepped in to carry me.

Are you facing a task today or a critical choice? You can count on God to go every step with you. You are not alone. Call out to God and let Him hold your hand through your walk.

God bless,

Marty

2 comments:


  1. We are never alone as long as we accept that God is always with us....
    Psalm 23:4 ESV

    Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

    ReplyDelete