Tuesday, March 14, 2017

The Sound Of Music 3/14/2017

Good Morning,

Door County Black Velvet Coffee is in my mug and the mug is steaming next to me. One Maple English Muffin is on the plate next to a few grapes. This day has possibilities!




Last night I came home and Rene was ironing and watching an old classic movie.

 "The Sound of Music" The Sound of Music is a 1965 American musical drama film produced and directed by Robert Wise, and starring Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer. The film is an adaptation of the 1959 Broadway musical The Sound of Music, composed by Richard Rodgers with lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II. The film's screenplay was written by Ernest Lehman, adapted from the stage musical's book by Howard Lindsay and Russel Crouse. Based on the memoir The Story of the Trapp Family Singers by Maria von Trapp, the film is about a young Austrian woman studying to become a nun in Salzburg in 1938 who is sent to the villa of a retired naval officer and widower to be governess to his seven children. After bringing love and music into the lives of the family through kindness and patience, she marries the officer and together with the children they find a way to survive the loss of their homeland through courage and faith.

Rene has watched this movie at least twice a year for as long as I have known her. She was overdo. This is a very wholesome movie and is a beautiful musical which causes her to sing along. But last night I heard her say "They should make more movies like this, something that makes you want to sing". I laughed at her and said " I don't need a movie to make me sing. I sing because I'm happy, I sing because I am free. His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me."

God is worth singing about. He is the one that can place a melody within a heart, where once there was loneliness and no sound of life. He puts the splashing sound in a wave. God is the Sound of Music.

Matthew 10:29-31New International Version (NIV)
29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care.  And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

Sing with me and say Amen???

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment