Thursday, March 23, 2017

A Godly Fragrance 3/23/2017

Good Morning,

I hope this finds you all filled with peace and love today. I just poured a big cup of Door County Jingle Bell Java for my morning start up.



Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

I was thinking about kindness last night and into the morning. My sleep was interrupted by many thoughts last night, but being kind and spreading kindness was at the top of my sleep deprived brain.

I was doing some reading last night and I am convinced that I found the perfect definition of kindness.  Kindness is love that spreads a Godly fragrance. It is the nobility of the heart.

Kindness is a special relationship with God and with people. Kindness possesses a forgiving heart, a basket of patience, a boat load of compassion, and does not arouse anger. Kindness does not accuse impulsively and is never arrogant. Kindness comforts a sad heart and is slow to contradict. Kindness builds up, and tears down as needed, but gently. Kindness does not abuse power and respects authority. It is appreciative and thankful.

As the spring lilacs in our yard spread an aroma that makes us just want to leave the windows open, so does kindness. It is inviting and pleasing to be around. It is the fragrance of God.

So today my friends, practice being kind. It might just make someone's day. It might be your day that is made better.

Marty

2 comments: