Saturday, March 4, 2017

Wecome Home! 3/4/2017

Good Morning,

I am headed to church this morning with a cup of Door County Red Velvet Mocha Coffee in my hand. We are hosting an event at church and our job is to make breakfast. That should be an easy one.



I work for a living just like most of you do or have done. I believe my employer deserves my best attempt at doing a great job every day. I believe those who work should earn their pay. But like everyone else I look forward to coming home. There is nothing like coming home after working hard and being greeted at first by our four legged "Door Man" Gibbs the English Springer Spaniel. The wagging tail and his squirming body let's me know that he is glad I returned. Then I usually hear my wife Rene call out "welcome home, take your shoes off, how was your day"? My reply is always "it's good to be home"!

If I were to tell you that every day at work was 100% pleasant,  I would be lying. If I were to say that every day was easy, I would be lying. If I were to tell you that everything I did at work was simple, I would be lying.

To come home in a good mood is not always easy. But here is a little something I learned a long time ago. Separate work from your home life!!!!!  Don't bring the work day home unless it is to celebrate something. Leave it on the road to your home. Try stopping on the way home for groceries or gasoline. Make a quick stop at the park and watch the joggers or geese. Change clothes and jog or walk yourself. Then pray before going home. Ask God to clean up your mind and to renew your strength. I always pray before going into work. Why wouldn't I pray to give my family and home time my best?

Proverbs 11:29New International Version (NIV)
29 Whoever brings ruin on their family will inherit only wind,
   
 and the fool will be servant to the wise.

I don't know anyone who would bring a skunk into their home. So why would you want to be the skunk that brings a bad day home to your family? Leave it at work. Your family deserves better. Leave it with God and enjoy your time off.

Have a great weekend.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment