Friday, March 3, 2017

Ready To Rock And Roll 3/3/2017

Good Morning,

Where is my Door County Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Coffee? Sometimes the twenty steps to the kitchen seems like a mile when I am seeking a cup of java.

Our Dog Gibbs enjoys hunting with me and my compadres. I have to be careful though. I like to lay out my gear and clothes the night before I hunt. Gibbs has picked up on the fact that when the gun gets cased there is a good chance we are going hunting. I decided to experiment one night and I set the shot gun by the sink in our kitchen. Low and behold Gibbs just sat there and eventually laid down next to the shot gun. He was going to make sure that he was not left behind. He did not want to miss out on the fun. His intent was to sleep by the gun if he had to. He was ready to rock and roll.



So let's try and apply this dog story to our lives. How do you prepare to go to church on Sundays? Do you lay out your clothes the night before? Are you ready to go and be on time? Do you allow the Holy Spirit to move you to stay up the night before to pray for the service and those who will be attending? Is it your desire to spend time with your Master and please him? Are you ready to work, not knowing the final results? Do you put the fun into church?

We have a lot to learn from the dedication of a dog to the Master. This little dog lives for today. I have seen him bleed from the feet just to hunt some more. How far would you go to serve the Lord?  Does your Bible on the shelf attract you like the gun does for this dog?

Psalm 27:4New International Version (NIV)
One thing I ask from the Lord,
    this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
    all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord
    and to seek him in his temple.
 
It's Friday, will you be ready on Sunday and be on time? Will your heart's desire be, to be present in the House Of God? Will you come to serve or be served?

God bless,

Marty

2 comments: