Friday, March 10, 2017

Feeling Like A Fool 3/10/17

Good Morning,

The Old Java machine is spewing forth some Door County Jingle Bell Java Coffee this fine morning. I have been waiting all week for this weekend. We have a special guest staying with us for a few days. My Aunt Betty made the trek to Wisconsin from Central Florida to watch her grandson receive a promotion as a police officer. She has always possessed a knack for making special days even more special.



But today I want to talk about feelings and how at times they are best left untrusted.

Genesis 3:1
Now the serpent was more crafty than any other beast of the field that the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God actually say, ‘You shall not eat of any tree in the garden’?”

Many people search for God by feelings. I believe Eve felt that she needed an apple. I believe Eve felt she had a right to the tree.  Eve might say. "I was fooled by a feeling, now I am feeling like a fool." When people choose to claim that a worship experience is all about feelings, I often ask them what happens when the feelings aren't there? Do you just stop worshipping? I don't always feel like going to work, so should I stay home? How long do you think I would be employed if I just listened to my feelings? I choose to trust in God despite my feelings.

Proverbs 12:15
The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice.

Proverbs 14:12-13
There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death. Even in laughter the heart may ache, and the end of joy may be grief.

On the other hand!
Psalm 119:105
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

Feelings! Or faith built upon God's promises found within His word?
Trust in God by faith, not by feelings.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment