Friday, June 22, 2018

What God Lets Us See


Good Morning,

O how I love to embrace Fridays at the end of a long week. I will toast this Friday morning by raising my cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee and begin to write.
  
Psalm 40:5 New King James Version (NKJV)
Many, O Lord my God, are Your wonderful works
Which You have done;
And Your thoughts toward us
Cannot be recounted to You in order;
If I would declare and speak of them,
They are more than can be numbered.

I have been blessed during my lifetime to see many things and quite a few places. I have held my new born daughter right after her exit from her mothers womb. I have seen sunrises and sunsets that make my mind twirl. I have tasted the first snow of the year as it landed on my tongue. I have seen more of God's beauty in His creations, more than I deserve. I saw one generation embrace another generation and eat fish together. I have sat on mountains and I have hiked into canyons.



Now when I think about this big world we live in and the billions of people who inhabit it, my mind just cannot grasp the fact that God can zero in His sight just on one person any time He wants to. He sees what I see. He hears what I hear. He can smell what I smell and He allows all that to happen for me and you. God paints the canvas of what we see, hear, smell and taste every time we experience something.

When I see a flock of geese flying in formation and it makes me smile I know that God saw them too and He is enjoying my smile. As I look out of the window of our den on cold winter mornings and the frost has decorated the winter grass I cannot help but to know that God exists. He paints the frozen tundra with a swift stroke of His brush.

I thank Him for being the Author and Finisher of my life and I am looking forward to what He will show me today and what I will see in eternity.

I will be blessed by what I see today and I will look up and say "Thank You Father".

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment