Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Draw Near To God. It Is Good. 6/26/2018

Good Morning,

Door County Lakeside Fuzzy Naval Coffee is brewing downstairs and the aroma is leading me to it. I just finished praying and now it is time to write.

Psalm 73:28 New King James Version (NKJV)
28 But it is good for me to draw near to God;
I have put my trust in the Lord God,
That I may declare all Your works.

Two days ago a couple of neighborhood dogs managed to break out of there fenced yard and some how decided to end up in our yard. Our dog Gibbs who believes everyone loves him had no clue that these two would attack him. I yelled for him to come to me and he hesitated too long and was being nipped at from two sides. I jumped in as quickly as this old dude can and pretty soon Gibbs got the idea that two in a battle are better than one. He ran to me and we stood together.  Gibbs backed one of them down and my boot is quicker than it looks. The other one left with some Sears boot on his rump. Last night while we were working in the yard Gibbs stayed very close to me. He knew where the safety was. He learned the hard way to trust in our partnership. That is a good thing.



Now for us. There are many times when we face an ugly road in life and before heading down that road we should draw near to God. I might suggest draw nearer than usual. It does not show signs of weakness. It shows trust in God and it also shows that we know where to run. God knows what we are going through and He doesn't mind at all if we lean on Him for support. He loves His children and we can run to Dad when we don't know where to turn. That is a good thing. He knows our fears and He calms them. There is no place we should rather be than nearer to Him. Don't hesitate or wait. Run to Him. It is a good thing! The picture I chose today is one of me training Gibbs. I like it because it shows him in my shadow. I want to be under God's shadow of comfort at all times.

God bless,

Marty

Draw Me Nearer By Francis Crosby

  1. I am Thine, O Lord, I have heard Thy voice,
    And it told Thy love to me;
    But I long to rise in the arms of faith
    And be closer drawn to Thee.
    • Refrain:
      Draw me nearer, nearer blessed Lord,
      To the cross where Thou hast died;
      Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer blessed Lord,
      To Thy precious, bleeding side.
  2. Consecrate me now to Thy service, Lord,
    By the pow’r of grace divine;
    Let my soul look up with a steadfast hope,
    And my will be lost in Thine.
  3. Oh, the pure delight of a single hour
    That before Thy throne I spend,
    When I kneel in prayer, and with Thee, my God
    I commune as friend with friend!
  4. There are depths of love that I cannot know
    Till I cross the narrow sea;
    There are heights of joy that I may not reach
    Till I rest in peace with Thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment