Friday, June 29, 2018

Fire Flies And A Warm Summer Evening 6/29/2018

Good Morning,

Join me in a cheer that Friday is here. I have a wedding to look forward to this weekend and some yard work. It sounds like a great way to spend it. I started my Friday with a cup of Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee and prayer.



Last night Rene and I came home after attending a banquet for an engineering association that I am a member of. It was a super nice time.

We spent time with friends and dined on a feast of great food. The ride home took about 45 minutes from the banquet to our front door. We chatted some on the way home and made  our plans for the "home arrival".     I was to stay outside when we got home and Rene was to send the dog out for an evening run. While Gibbs was running around I made notice of just how nice the weather was and then I looked over into another section of our yard and it looked like a galaxy of stars had dropped into the yard. Every where I looked there were fire flies lighting up and it was a display like I have never seen before. I thanked God for the show and went in and found my way to bed. I laid awake for quite some time praying and pondering the display of fire flies or what some would call lightening bugs.
My thoughts took me to the book of Genesis and the creation of the world. God knew then and there that many years later He would show me a fire fly display that looked like a galaxy of stars from far, far away. Over the years I have owned dozens of flashlights and in many instances, when they broke they were impossible to repair. I thought about my inability to repair a flashlight, yet God can light up the night and a heart with a bug.

I fell asleep eventually and I was content. My God is an awesome God and He displayed His power and majesty again for me with a bug.

Psalm 19:1 New International Version (NIV)
The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

I hope He shows all of you something like what I saw last night this weekend.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment