Monday, June 18, 2018

Refinishing The Old Table 6/18/2018

Good Morning,


My extra strong Door County Dublin's Delight Coffee is just what was needed to kick start this week into gear.


On Mother's Day 2018 we purchased the antique table in the picture above. Although it is in pretty decent shape it needed quite a bit of work to be up to our standard for the antiques in our home. I have been working on it when I have spare time and I am not ready to display the finished product. The chairs shown with the table are not the ones we finally purchased to make a complete table set. The relics are in our basement and will soon be coming along very well also. In a few weeks they will be ready to display.
So why am I writing about an old table and some older than dirt chairs? To some these furniture pieces are old and beyond use. But when Rene and I both laid our eyes on them we saw potential. The key words "saw potential" means that with some hard work these items could be very useful and will decorate our home nicely.  The point here is this. Some of us at times fell all used up with nothing left to offer. Others just feel used and abused and their candle burned out too soon. But when God looks at us He sees potential in His children. He proved it.


Romans 5:8 New International Version (NIV)
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

God sees the potential of all of His children. We might not see it but He does. We are never useless to Him and we are loved more than we can fathom. God formed us on the day we were conceived and He knows the plans He has for us.

Psalm 139:13-16 English Standard Version (ESV)
13 For you formed my inward parts;
    you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.[a]
Wonderful are your works;
    my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
    intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
    the days that were formed for me,
    when as yet there was none of them.

The key to my statement is this. God knew us then. He knows us now and He holds the future.

Jeremiah 29:11-13 New International Version (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

So if God has plans for us, how can we see ourselves as used and lacking potential? It just shouldn't be. We are children of the King and we are "Designer" made. We are never used up or lacking potential.

Have a great day.

Marty





No comments:

Post a Comment