Tuesday, June 12, 2018

A Good Night Of Sleep 6/12/2018

Good Morning.

Wow! It seems like the days are arriving earlier all the time. In all reality I don't mind having more daylight. My Door County Lighthouse Blend Coffee tastes good no matter what the morning brings.
 
 


Psalm 4:8 New King James Version (NKJV)
I will both lie down in peace, and sleep;
For You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.

God made all of us and He made us to require rest and sleep. There are many theories as to why, but for today we will just chat about making sure we get enough sleep. Our bodies need to regenerate and we regenerate by resting and sleeping.

I found out a long time ago that I wasn't committing my rest to God. He desires for us to let Him handle our worries so that we can sleep. He wants to carry us through our burdens. I have asked God to provide sleep for me and in most instances it works well, but only if I have surrendered to His bidding and will. Those times when I can't sleep it is after I stayed awake too long and drank too much coffee. My body was telling me I needed sleep, but I chose to ignore the Holy Spirit calling out to me to sleep. I suffered later when I couldn't sleep.

We surrendered our hearts to Jesus, but we can't surrender our sleep to Him and get back on the winning side?

Rest in the Lord my friends. Amen!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment