Monday, June 25, 2018

Seeing The Work Of Your Wife's Hands 6/25/2018

Good Morning,

The weekend seems to move faster than the weekdays or it might just be my imagination. My cup of Door County Cherry Crème Coffee is going down so smooth, that I believe a second cup will happen sooner than later.

 



Rene likes a yard with flowers in it. She likes to place her plants in objects that are far from ordinary flower pots. Her ideas become small projects for me. Pictured above is one of those projects. Hidden in the flowers is an old water spigot. She found the small buckets in a hardware store and then she handed me a sketch on what it should look like.  She hand selects her flowers for planting and it takes her a long time to transplant flowers. She has just a certain way that she does the planting and time is never rushed.
 
Proverbs 18:22 English Standard Version (ESV)
22 He who finds a wife finds a good thing
    and obtains favor from the Lord.

 
She keeps notes on what worked and what didn't. She rarely makes a mistake with the flowers but when she does, the mistake never happens twice. She has a mistake brewing now and I see her eyeing up a possible move of a large whiskey barrel full of moss roses. I heard her murmur yesterday as she was staring at the not so great flowers, "needs more sun".

My point is this. Wives and husbands both leave their mark on the home in many ways. I have no talent for anything, but I have been cutting firewood and stacking it for this winter. I will watch Rene warm up in front of the fireplace on those cold January nights. She always thanks me for the wood I cut, split, stacked and then brought into the house. So yesterday I was looking at our yard and her handiwork stood out. If it weren't for her, our yard would be flowerless. She takes time to beautify our home. I thanked her yesterday for the flowers and the ideas she has.  Couples, we need to take time to look at what our spouses do and then imagine what it would be like if they hadn't done what they did. We should never take their specialties for granted. Say thank you today for the things they do. You would miss it if it were gone.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment