Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Summer Picnic with a recipe. 2/13/2013

Good Morning,

Wednesday. Step up on your toes and you can almost see Saturday. My coffee is Door County Coconut today.

I was thinking about planning a summer event already. My wife and I will host the family picnic at our house this summer. I do most of the cooking in this house and have many cook books. I never like to serve the same thing two years in a row. For Christmas I received the gift of a new cook book. While browsing through I made some notes on a couple recipes that will be on the menu that day.

So being content with that I started to day dream a little. I was thinking well before that I need to get the yard in shape. Bad drought last year, must patch the dead spots in the lawn! Before I knew it I had a ten item list to do before I can even have the cook out!

Actually taking care of those things will get done and they should be! This is being a good steward of what God has given me. But I had to scold myself. I did not take the time to pray for those who will be coming. I got too wrapped up in details. What if this picnic never happens for some reason?
Aren't the guests more important today? So important that I should pray for them as I make out the invitation list?

Luke 10:38-42

New King James Version (NKJV)

Mary and Martha Worship and Serve

38 Now it happened as they went that He entered a certain village; and a certain woman named Martha welcomed Him into her house. 39 And she had a sister called Mary, who also sat at Jesus’ feet and heard His word. 40 But Martha was distracted with much serving, and she approached Him and said, “Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Therefore tell her to help me.”
41 And Jesus answered and said to her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things. 42 But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her.”

I just did a Martha. Too busy planning and I missed the spiritual side of things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Argh

Don't miss time with God and pray for others. The picnic will be better that way.

God bless,
Marty

Barbecued Ribs

Original recipe makes 8 servings

 

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Place ribs on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Scatter 4 cloves of sliced garlic over ribs. Cover, and bake for 2 1/2 hours. Cool slightly.
  2. In a small bowl, mix together white sugar, paprika, salt, black pepper, chili powder, and ground cumin. Rub spices over cooled ribs. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
  3. In a small saucepan, mix together brown sugar, cider vinegar, ketchup, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, onion, dry mustard, and 1 clove garlic. Simmer over medium-low heat, uncovered, for 1 hour. Reserve a small amount for basting; the remainder is a dipping sauce.
  4. Preheat grill for medium heat.
  5. Place ribs on grill. Grill, covered, for about 12 minutes, basting with the reserved sauce, until nicely browned and glazed. Serve with remaining sauce for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment