Friday, February 15, 2013

Bitterness Is A Four Letter Word. Yuck! 2-16-2013


Dear Friends,
Good morning and happy Saturday to you. Drinking some Door County Cherry Creme this morning! Cold air in Wisconsin makes the coffee even better.

When I was a child most all medicines for kids came in liquid form or an injection. I remember one time when after I spit out the liquid my mother gave me she said "come on now this doesn't taste that bad"!
Then she tasted a little to show me that she liked it. I remember the look on her face. Ha! Her face gave it away. That stuff was bitter and awful. Isn't it funny? The medicine was good for me yet I spit it out.
But many people love to hang on to bitterness. I heard someone say "Bitterness is like drinking a cup of poison and hoping it kills someone else." I do not think that would work!
Bitterness eats away at us. We need to spit it out!!!! So to say.
Unlike medicine God advises us against bitterness.

Ephesians 4:31-32
Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.


Hebrews 12:14-15
Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord. See to it that no one fails to obtain the grace of God; that no “root of bitterness” springs up and causes trouble, and by it many become defiled;


A heart that beats best beats for others. Don't let bitterness grab hold of your heart.
Nowhere in the Bible do I find where love hurts anything. Spit out the bitterness and let your heart be full of love for God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. The love you find with them will carry you past the bitterness and allow you to love others even if they have wronged you.

God bless your day!
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment