Sunday, February 10, 2013

How Great is our God? 2/10/2013

Good Morning,
I am sitting here at the desk and my cup is filled with Grandma's Ginger Cookie Coffee from the Door County Coffee Company.

Have you ever had it happen that you hear a song and then it stays in your head and it plays over and over? I will bet that many of you have had that experience.
Last night in our church the worship band led us in the song " How Great is Our God". Which has now led me to write about it. I went to sleep with it in my head, and woke up with it in my head once again.
Now it actually is sung as a statement which says. How great is our God!!!! But today it is speaking to me in a way that poses a question. How great is our God?

When I think of that I go to places I have seen in my life time and things I have experienced.
Watching the birth of my child.
Seeing my parents do the Twist.
Seeing the Grand Canyon in Arizona
Watching the geese fly South and come back to the North.
Hearing thunder.
Seeing an eagle fly.
Listening to my wife laugh.
Listening to and seeing Niagara Falls.
Eating the sweetest bananas ever in Guatemala.
Watching my dogs flush and retrieve a bird.
Teaching my grandson how to fish and shoot.
The low times in my life where God sustained me and carried me.
Oh friends my list could go on for pages as well as I am sure yours could also.

What do we say today? Could we sit for a few minutes and at least think about "How great God has been to you?" Maybe even write it down on a note and scroll it away somewhere to be read again sometime.

Psalm 93:1

93 The Lord reigns, He is clothed with majesty;
The Lord is clothed,
He has girded Himself with strength.
Surely the world is established, so that it cannot be moved.

Job 26:14

Behold, these are but the outskirts of his ways,
and how small a whisper do we hear of him!
But the thunder of his power who can understand?”



Have a wonderful day.
God loves you.
Marty

 

No comments:

Post a Comment