Friday, February 22, 2013

Hitting What You Aim At 2/22/2013

Good Morning,

My cup is filled with Door County Jamaican Me Crazy Coffee!

This picture is of my older dog Fritz and me. Fritz has retrieved 4021 birds in his life time. Pictured are 4000 and 4001. Fritz will be 12 years old this year in July. Many people contributed to his total number of bird retrieves. I wish I could say I shot them all. The truth is that if we had actually hit every bird we shot at, Fritz's total would be much greater and he would have had that 4000th bird much sooner. But we did not always hit what we aimed at. Many times when we missed a bird Fritz would growl at us and shake his head. But that only lasted a moment and he never ever turned me down when I said "let's go get some birds". He forgot the miss and off we went again.

The Christian life is like that too. Many of us strive for perfection but we miss. (Sin) But we can't let that ruin us to where we do not want to try again and again.

God has a bit to say about that. He may correct us, but think about it. He does not give up on us. He corrects us expecting that we will do better. His correction is to move us forward not backwards. Like Fritz he is always willing to forgive and work hard with us to get us where we need to be spiritually.
He corrects us because He loves us!


Check this out!!!!!!!!!!! See how much God loves us.

God Bless
Marty

Deuteronomy 8:5 Know then in your heart that as a man disciplines his son, so the LORD your God disciplines you.

Psalm 94:12 Blessed is the man you discipline, O LORD, the man you teach from your law;

Psalm 119:75 I know, O LORD, that your laws are righteous, and in faithfulness you have afflicted me.

Proverbs 3:11 My son, do not despise the LORD's discipline and do not resent his rebuke,

Proverbs 3:12 because the LORD disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in.

No comments:

Post a Comment