Sunday, February 17, 2013

Fourteen Below Zero 2/17/2013

Good Evening,

No coffee tonight. My wife and I just returned from a visit to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan tonight. We went to visit my Dad and spend some time away from the city. We had a nice time and we were able to do a little shopping for maple cheese and watch some old western television shows with him.

This morning when we came out to the kitchen for some blueberry muffins and milk my Dad looked concerned. The first words out of his mouth were "it is fourteen below zero outside". I looked at our Jeep and said a little prayer that it would start easy in the cold. I knew the day before that it was supposed to get pretty cold so I purchased some gasoline additive to keep the lines from freezing. It is supposed to aid in starting cold cars also. So I hit the remote start and watched as the Jeep chugged a couple times and then started up and within seconds was purring just right. I said to myself, "it's good to be prepared to leave."

Well that brings me to my point for the day. Many people do not prepare in advance for eternity. They always think they have more time. Well unless they are God, they do not know the exact time or day they will die. I knew it was going to be cold, but not that cold. I was prepared no matter what.
Job 7:1
"Is there not an APPOINTED TIME to man upon the earth? Are not his days also like the days of an hireling?"

Yes there is an appointed time for all of us to die. And no one knows when.

So wouldn't be a good idea to be ready. Where will you spend eternity? Heaven or Hell.

God desires that all should be saved.
  • “… God our Savior, who desires ALL MEN to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.” (1 Timothy 2:4)
  • “The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is long suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.” (2 Peter 3:9)
  • “For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For WHOEVER calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10:12)


  • The only way that I have found in Scripture to be saved from the condemnation of my own sin is Jesus Christ.

      1. “Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4:12)
      2. “For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for all …” (1 Timothy 2:5)
      3. “There is one body and one Spirit … one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.” (Ephesians 4:4)
      4. Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” (John 14:6)
      5. I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and find pasture … I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” (John 10:9)
      6. Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life, he who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die.” (John 11:25)
      7. Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.” (John 8:12)
      8. And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.” (John 6:35)
    1. I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world.” (John 6:51)
    2. “… whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” (John 3:15-16)
    3. He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.” (John 3:36)
    4. “Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.” (John 8:24)
    5. “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.” (John 5:24)
    6. “… And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life; He who does not have the Son of God does not have life.” (1 John 5:11)
    7. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world. Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.” (1 John 4:14)


    Well God loves us all and does not force Himself on us. It is a choice. Whom will you choose? As for me I chose Jesus.

    Think about it. But not too long. You can't be sure of a tomorrow.

    God bless,
    Marty



    No comments:

    Post a Comment