Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Psalm 23 Words for Life 6/12/13

Good Morning.

Coffee, coffee, coffee. My cup is filled with Door County Jamaican Me Crazy Coffee today.

This morning I want to take a look at Psalm 23. I have listened to this Psalm at many funerals. Some how it has become known as the "one to read at a funeral". I believe verse four is used most of all. But today I suggest we look at it differently. I see this psalm full of life, peace, and assurance.
In verse one "The Lord is"
This tells me that this is all written for right now and the future. Nothing is written in the past tense. So God is my Shepherd now. He is the only God. When we see the word shall we can know that God keeps His word and can be counted on.  It is written shall "not maybe". I see the Shepherd active in my life at all times and that I am cared for. " Not was cared for". I suggest today that you read Psalm 23 out loud and put an emphasis on single words and then know that it applies to you right now. That alone should make you more alive than usual! This is a Psalm of life and hope. Enjoy

 

The Lord the Shepherd of His People

A Psalm of David.

23 The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell[a] in the house of the Lord
Forever.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment