Sunday, June 30, 2013

New Homes 6/30/13

Good Evening,

I started my day with coffee while staying at the Gateway Lodge in Northern Wisconsin. I did not have my usual Door County Coffee. I really did miss it.

My wife and I traveled home today and we passed through some small cities that are in the Fox River Valley of Central Wisconsin. This area has really grown and we noticed that there were many new homes being constructed in areas we usually drive by.

Psalm 127:1

Unless the Lord builds the house, 
They labor in vain who build it; Unless the Lord guards the city, The watchman stays awake in vain

I could not help but wonder about all the families in these new homes. How many would see the tragedy of divorce? How many would see a child or teen run away? How many would see some type of drug addiction enter the home? I did not wonder about the construction of the house. They all looked very nice from the highway. I am sure they were all built with quality. But Who is the builder of each home?

Psalm 127 has a serious and grim message that reminds us that unless God builds our homes (spiritually) we all labor in vain. But it does not have to be grim. As each home owner chose a builder for the house. We must all choose Who will build our homes.

Joshua 24:15

New King James Version (NKJV)

15 And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. "But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”

The choice is ours.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment