Thursday, June 27, 2013

Physical Therapy 6/27/13

Good Morning,



The coffee in my cup this morning is Door County Chocolate Meltdown.

The process of my shoulder repair is going well. I have graduated to the real therapy now. What I mean by that is the new round has quite a bit of pain and discomfort. I have two wonderful therapists working to help me achieve my goal of being able to hunt geese in September. As I wince they encourage me to keep going. With this one the old saying "no pain no gain" is appropriate.

Folks I am not whining. Just explaining the process. God loves all of His children and He desires us to be the best we can be in Jesus. But as God refines us through the Holy Spirit there are times of pain.

James 1  (NKJV) Greeting to the Twelve Tribes

1 James, a bondservant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,
To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad:
Greetings.

Profiting from Trials

2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

Like physical therapy we grow and "get better" when we go through some pain. We can see the goal and we strive to become more like Jesus. Just as this little pain will help me achieve my goal of goose hunting. If you are going through a trial now let me pray for you. If someone you know is going through a trial encourage them to the end. Help them achieve the goal.

God bless
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment