Sunday, June 2, 2013

Man does not live by bread alone and eggs with the boys. 6/2/13

Good Morning.
Let's make it a good one by starting with prayer, a short devotional and a hot cup of coffee. My coffee today is Door County Totally Nuts.
We had to make a fast trip to Michigan and my wife found some Door County Coffee for me.

Deuteronomy 8:3 (NKJV)

3 So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord.


I am a creature of habit. I have always given each of my dogs one egg a week. I was told by an old hunter that one egg a week keeps their coats shiny and more water proof. Now I have heard other theories on this. I also like to eat outside, enjoying a hot cup of coffee. I have been known to do this even on a frosty January morning. I start a Saturday very early or a Sunday with some scrambled eggs for me and the "Guys". All three of us enjoy the eggs and our time together. This sometimes is done later in the day if we have been out hunting. But during our nourishment time I open the Word of God and pray. You see as we feed our faces and I care for my "Guys" I take time to nourish my spirit. You see food for the soul is important as we go through the mucky waters of life. It keeps us water proof to troubles. Yes they are still there but we can plow through and know that God is there with us. So have an egg. ( You might have to argue with your Dr on this one.) But who really enjoys multi grain cereal outside in January?  Take time to water proof your spirit!
God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment