Monday, September 21, 2026

You Foolish People 9/21/2026

 Good Morning,

I forgot last night to set the coffee maker up with fresh grounds and water. Thus, no fresh coffee for me today was brewing when I hit the kitchen floor. I just poured some of yesterday's Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee into a mug and it was microwaved for a minute.I am at times my own worst enemy.


Galatians 3:1You foolish Galatians. Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified.

The Apostle Paul wrote this letter to early Christian churches in Galatia who were turning away from the message of grace. A lot like the Israelites who were rescued from Egypt started to complain about the long walks and the dietary menu during their trek to the promised land. They Israelites mumbled and grumbled and sought to go back to slavery. 

Paul calls the Galatians foolish which is harsh language for the time and implicates them as stupid people who abandoned the message of grace. Paul also uses the term bewitched meaning spiritually misled into relying on human effort rather than faith. 

They were resorting back to works for their forgiveness which was sacrifices, seeking forgiveness through men not on faith. 

My point for the day is this. Have you embraced the love of Christ who provided the way of salvation and living life with grace? A good example would be to still sin and then throw some extra cash into the collection plate at church thinking the cash could compensate for your sins. Or continuing in sin such as gossip and hurtful language, drunkenness or anger and then ignoring it. People often excuse their language as "good for the church" thus condoning gossip. 

So my friends if you long for the days of you controlling your faith and spiritual destiny.  I suggest you turn your eyes upon Jesus and His grace for the day.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment