Good Morning,
I just finished my last cup of Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee and it is time to write.
Before writing this morning I had a small chore of love to do. I have been marinating two pork loins in the refrigerator for two days. I have two of my nephews headed out to opening day of duck season in the Northern part of our state this Saturday. They will be leaving for the hunting hot spot on Thursday. I was invited to go, but due to an upcoming anniversary and a few other solid commitments I need to stay home.
Colossians 3:14 ESV And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.
It bothered me that I can't go and I would have enjoyed a weekend of solid hunting, but I need to stay back. So this uncle will send the guys off with prayer and pork to warm up and eat after the hunt or during the hunt. That part is all up to them. They have two friends joining them and there is enough meat for all of them. A bottle of barbecue sauce will be sent along to accompany and compliment the pork. So the pork is now slow roasting in the kitchen and won't be done until late this afternoon.
My point is this. I know the guys will be cold and warm food will be welcomed at their campsite. I can't be there but my love for those guys will be sent and that makes me feel like part of the team but just absent at roll call.
If you can't be there send your love and prayers to your family today. It's not like being there, but they will know your heart. Make the call.
Have a great day!!!
Marty

No comments:
Post a Comment