Tuesday, September 29, 2026

The Black Board Of Your Heart 9/29/2026

 Good Morning,

I am sitting at my desk this morning with a hot cup of Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee. My eyes are open wide and it is time to write. 

1 Peter 5:7 NKJV Casting all your cares upon Him, for He cares for you.

When I was in grade school the teachers relied heavily on blackboard and chalk to make presentations to the class. I believe the infamous wall to wall board was designed to also embarrass children who struggled with getting up in front of their peers and then solve some stupid math problem. I just dreaded having to go up in front of the class for anything. In high school times changed and all you had to do was sit at your desk and answer a question or two now and then. 

                                                              Photo Credit Stock Cake 

Every day someone needed to clean the blackboards and erasers so they were fresh for the next day. If the teacher left something on the blackboard they would instruct the person doing the cleaning for the day to leave it on the board or erase it. I do recall one day when I totally botched dividing out some fractions and it did not get erased and was still visible the next morning. My mistake lived for another day and totally ruined my day for sure. 

My point for the day is that now and then we all are out on the stage of life and the experience of that day is embarrassing or painful. Or as much as we love another person, they don't love us as much or in the same way. You have the I Love You for them written on the blackboard of your heart. It is hard to erase a memory from that blackboard. 

I have only one solution for the hurts of the heart. And that is to take your heart to the Big Eraser. God is the only one that can really help to mend a heart and erase some bad memories. 

But, you have to want the board to be cleaned. You have to ask for it to be erased, washed and cleaned up. It is never too late to clean the slate. 

Have a great day/ God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment