Friday, September 25, 2026

4983 Times 9/25/2026

 Good Morning,

Yesterday I was unable to put a pen to my thoughts because of personal reasons and a spirit that was in plain rebellion to just about everything and anything. 


Micah 6:8 NIV He has shown you, O, mortal what is good.

And what does the Lord require of you?

To act justly and love mercy.

and to walk humbly with your God. 

As I set up to write my blog this morning I was notified that this morning I would be publishing number 4983. I started writing in 2012 So roughly speaking this labor of love is 14 years old. 

I have invited the readers to share  in my choices of coffee, my heart and mind as well as the food menu in our home. I have shared times of joy and times of sorrow. Times of anger and depression  have been shared as well. You know the names of our dogs and what I am hunting for. I have taken the readers with me on vacation. 

Today I am enjoying a hot cup of Door County Wisconsin Blend Coffee. You might ask me as to why I started writing in the first place.  Our church admin assistant had the idea that we could have a daily devotional written each day by our pastors and elders.She was politely ignored due to a myriad of reasons, some good and some not so good. I didn't want to hurt her feelings so I took a shot at it and have been writing ever since. I stayed with this call and some day I will receive the call from God to rest up and drink my coffee alone.

I have never taken the time to thank you readers for your comments, good or bad. I have never said thank you for reading and some of you read this daily.  Thank you. It is your faithfulness and God's call to write that keeps me at my desk and wanting to serve Him.

Again thank you. And God bless you all. I will be back and focused tomorrow. 

Marty


1 comment: