Saturday, September 26, 2026

No One Said It Would Be Easy 9/26/2026

 Good Morning,

I am happy and blessed to be able to pour a mug of hot cup of Door County Autumn Spice Coffee and dine on sme cornbread for breakfast. It is time to write. 

In July of 1981 I placed my faith in Jesus Christ My Lord and Savior on a night filled with agony and despair. Attending church and studying the Bible became the norm for me. Reading the Bible also reminded me from where I came from and now what was expected of me. I remember struggling with all of the church meetings  and how it interfered with the things I do. 

Shortly after conceding that a Godly life was in my best interest and that some things needed to go anyhow, my thoughts were changed. 

One of the passages that I read in August of 1981 was Titus 2:11-13 It was simple to read and understand. Nothing was being forced down my throat. It was a passage that I chose to follow.

Titus 2:11-13 NKJV For the Grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, 12. teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ. 

I don't know about you. But I often don't concede with one warning or directions. The day after I read Titus 2:11-13 I read another passage. Micah 6:8 landed the blow that blew me away. Two passages in two days let me know that God wasn't kidding with me and surrender was in order. 

Micah 6:8 NKJV He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you.  But to do justly, To love mercy and walk humbly with your God. 

I have never regretted making the decision to follow God. I regret how many years that went by before I found the Way.

Food for thought!!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment