Monday, September 7, 2026

Life Is A Series Of Choices 9/7/2026

 Good Morning,

There is a hot cup of Door County Autumn Spice Coffee next to me and it is time to write.

This morning I made the choice of what flavor coffee I would enjoy as my morning cup of wake up juice. I made some choices yesterday on what we would be eating for a picnic today. Later I will dress for the day and a choice will be made as to if I wear shorts or long pants. 

Isaiah 55:8-9 NIV For my thoughts are not your thoughts. Neither are my ways your ways declares the Lord. 9. As the heavens are higher than the Earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

None of these choices or decisions has a huge impact on my day. They are simple and  low in priority.

But there  are decisions that come our way,and not always on a daily schedule that require more thought as to what to choose. Our roof is being replaced tomorrow and a few months ago when it was apparent that we needed a new roof the process began. 

So the weight of that decision took some time to ponder and consider. That is the type of decision that needed some prayer. After interviewing a few contractors there was only one choice that gave me any peace. I prayed and the choice of roofers was made. 

There are bigger decisions that need to be made in the near future and prayer with fasting will be used to deliberate the choice and the timing of it. 

The choices in life are easy to make and you can go it alone. But, why would you when God is clearly here and will consult on a decision so that your choice is the right one? Your timing can be perfect and  you can have peace before and after the choice has been made.

You choose who helps you with your choices and to choose God's advice is a winner every time. 

God bless your day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment