Good Morning,
My day began with the need to change out one of the basement sump pumps and as soon as I am finished writing I will pray again and begin the project.
Our sump crock has a spare pump in it and one of them is broken. So we are running on the spare pump. We always keep another new one on the shelf for moments like these. You could say that we have a "back up to the back up.". Once I am finished with the installation of the new pump I will be headed to the supply warehouse and I will pick up another one to rest on the shelf for times like these.
Proverbs 22;3 The prudent sees danger and hides himself , but the simple go on and suffer for it.
I am supposed to be away in Georgia visiting our daughter. My wife was staying home. This would have occured while I was not home. The back up plan of having two pumps in the crock would have sufficed until I got home. Rene could have called a nephew or two or several friends who can change out a sump pump. All the supplies to do so are in the room where the crock and pumps are housed. I would have called on family or friends to help her out. Although the plan worked as designed, having only one pump operational would have driven her to worry. There are heavy rains in the forecast for today and tonight.
Here is my point. God kept me home instead of taking the visit South. Once a plumber always a plumber. We had a plan and it was prayed over and it worked. I will make up that vacation trip as soon as I can. And the old pump will be scrapped, a new one set in place on the shelf . God cares about us being dry, and safe. He watched over us and used one bad situation for good. I was home because my brother was very ill and recovering from a major surgery. That was the bad news that worked for our good.
Think about it. Do you have plans for emergencies in your home,and life?
Have a great day!
Marty
No comments:
Post a Comment