Friday, October 11, 2024

Surrounded Isn't Always A Bad Thing 10/11/2024

 Good Morning,

My choice of coffee today is Door County Cherry Creme and it is time to write. 

I have watched a lot of movies in my life time and not one of the action thrillers ever shows being surrounded as a good thing. For instance a movie about World War Two might have a platoon surrounded by 500 of their enemy soldiers and I never heard one of the outnumbered group say " What an opportunity to be brave and fight without enough ammunition." Usually they have a somber attitude and realize that they might not make it out alive or they might be captured. 

Let's not dwell on the negative this Friday, but lets think about being surrounded by God's presence. glory, peace, provisions, and love. We might be between a rock and a hard place in life, yet God is with us. His glory goes through the rough times with us and we are never alone nor are we without hope. 

Colossians 3:2 Set your mind on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. 

John 16:33 "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart I have overcome the world."

Philippians 3:20 But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, The Lord Jesus Christ. 

Hebrews 13:14 For this is not our home, we are looking forward to our everlasting home in heaven. 

Isaiah 41:10 "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will hold you with my righteous right hand." 

Food for thought, 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment