Thursday, October 17, 2024

Can't Stop The Music 10/17/2024

 Good Morning,

Yesterday we experienced our first freeze. To say the least it was a bit of shock to wake up in the cold since our weather has been warmer than usual. A hot cup of Door County Maple Coffee is next to me. It is time to write. 

Psalm 95:1 O come, let us sing to The Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. 


This morning I woke up to a song on the radio, and it is one of those times in my life where the song melody and the lyrics are still tumbling through my mind. Maybe you have experienced it yourself. A song is played and you are either singing or humming to that tune all day. It seems that at times my mind takes over the play list and I can't get the tune out of my head. 

If you are reading this and are wondering why I am writing about this dribble, to be honest so am I. The point I am making is that just maybe someone else has the tune takeover experience as well. As people we have a lot of differences and just as many commonalities. We are surprised while conversing with someone and we talk about a destination we like to visit. The thought spurs smiles and soon we are exchanging information about that place or where we found some great food. 

I see parents walking their children to the bus stop and they chat while waiting with Little Johnny and Gertrude. They have in common that one thing, and that is they want an education for the kids and they want them to come home safely. If we can concentrate on the commonalities and less on our differences we might find our part of this world to be just a little more pleasant. So if you have a tune in your head or a jingle from a commercial the fact is, we have something in common. 

I hope yours is a happy tune today. God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment