Monday, February 17, 2014

Who Am I? 2/16/14

Good Morning,

Monday crept in again. So here we go out the door with a cup of Door County White Christmas Coffee in my hand.
This week I want to devote 5 days to looking at Old Christian Hymns of Faith? I believe we can look at them, ask some questions, answer some questions and enjoy their lyrics.


Who Am I?

When I think of how He came so far from glory
Came to dwell among the lowly such as I
To suffer shame and such disgrace
On Mount Calvary take my place
Then I ask myself this question
Who am I?
Who am I that The King would bleed and die for?
Who am I that He would pray not my will, Thine Lord?
The answer I may never know
Why He ever loved me so
That to an old rugged cross He’d go
For who am I?
When I’m reminded of His words
I’ll leave you never
If you’ll be true I’ll give to you life forever
Oh I wonder what I could have done
To deserve God’s only Son
To fight my battles until they’re won
For who am I?
Who am I that The King would bleed and die for
Who am I that He would pray not my will, Thine Lord
The answer I may never know
Why He ever loved me so
That to an old rugged cross He’d go
For who am I?

“On Mount Calvary take my place” – Do you find it easy or hard to relate to this verse in the song? Do you  say to yourself – “I am not a crook. I am not a murderer. I am not sure if I would have deserved a punishment like that.” I am afraid that we  have taken our sin too lightly if we think that. Mount Calvary was a punishment for sinners, for lawbreakers, for the wretched and the wicked. The Bible says that “there is none righteous, no not one.”

The Bible says:

Romans 3:23 (NKJV)

23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

The Bible tells us “our offenses are many in your sight, and our sins testify against us. Our offenses are ever with us, and we acknowledge our iniquities.” God is holy. His judgment is always righteous. His punishment of sin is required. We deserved Calvary with all its shame, and pain, and humiliation, but receive Christ and all His benefits. He did take our place that day 2,000 years ago.

All this tells me that Jesus loves me enough to die for me. But yet the question, who am I that He would die for me? We are God's creations and God desires that none should perish. So He sent His Son to pay our way back to the Father. Who am I? Some one God loves that much.

2 Peter 3:9 (ESV)

The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you,[a] not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.


John 3:16 (ESV)

For God So Loved the World

16 “For God so loved the world,[a] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

That's who we are.? Humbling isn't it?

God bless.
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment