Monday, February 3, 2014

Goose Hunting and God 2/3/14 With a Recipe

Good Morning World.

I had to run out early today with a hot cup of Door County Pumpkin Spice coffee in my hand. Work awaits. I hope you all had a restful day yesterday and maybe even watched a little bit of the Super Bowl.

 
You all know that I love to hunt waterfowl. Above is a picture of my dog after a successful goose hunt. I would be lying if I told you that I shot all those geese and my dog brought all of them back, I shot my share and Gibbs brought back plenty. If you look closely at Gibbs he is pretty small for a waterfowl dog. He is 39 pounds soaking wet. Most of the Labradors he hunts with run in the 60-80 pound range, some even bigger. But what Gibbs has is determination and heart. When I pull out a shot gun to go hunting he runs to the door. He might be little but he has no fear, and his heart beats to please me.
 
This kind of reminds me of a King named David who slayed Goliath.

Acts 13:22

New Living Translation (NLT)
22 But God removed Saul and replaced him with David, a man about whom God said, ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart. He will do everything I want him to do.’[a]
 
It is true that David had his faults. But God knew that He could count on him.
 
David was young and small in stature. From time to time Gibbs gets laughed at for his size. But he can turn it on in a heartbeat.
 

1 Samuel 17:42-54               

And when the Philistine looked and saw David, he disdained him, for he was but a youth, ruddy and handsome in appearance. And the Philistine said to David, “Am I a dog, that you come to me with sticks?” And the Philistine cursed David by his gods. The Philistine said to David, “Come to me, and I will give your flesh to the birds of the air and to the beasts of the field.” Then David said to the Philistine, “You come to me with a sword and with a spear and with a javelin, but I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the Lord will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you down and cut off your head. And I will give the dead bodies of the host of the Philistines this day to the birds of the air and to the wild beasts of the earth, that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel,

God looks at the heart of a man. Not his stature or how handsome he is. God does not call the equipped, He equips the called. Never count yourself as useless to God or not good enough. God sees you through His eyes. Not the eyes of the world.


1 Samuel 16:1-13

David Anointed King

16 The Lord said to Samuel, “How long will you grieve over Saul, since I have rejected him from being king over Israel? Fill your horn with oil, and go. I will send you to Jesse the Bethlehemite, for I have provided for myself a king among his sons.” And Samuel said, “How can I go? If Saul hears it, he will kill me.” And the Lord said, “Take a heifer with you and say, ‘I have come to sacrifice to the Lord.’ And invite Jesse to the sacrifice, and I will show you what you shall do. And you shall anoint for me him whom I declare to you.” Samuel did what the Lord commanded and came to Bethlehem. The elders of the city came to meet him trembling and said, “Do you come peaceably?” And he said, “Peaceably; I have come to sacrifice to the Lord. Consecrate yourselves, and come with me to the sacrifice.” And he consecrated Jesse and his sons and invited them to the sacrifice.
When they came, he looked on Eliab and thought, “Surely the Lord's anointed is before him.” 7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.” Then Jesse called Abinadab and made him pass before Samuel. And he said, “Neither has the Lord chosen this one.” Then Jesse made Shammah pass by. And he said, “Neither has the Lord chosen this one.” 10 And Jesse made seven of his sons pass before Samuel. And Samuel said to Jesse, “The Lord has not chosen these.” 11 Then Samuel said to Jesse, “Are all your sons here?” And he said, “There remains yet the youngest,[a] but behold, he is keeping the sheep.” And Samuel said to Jesse, “Send and get him, for we will not sit down till he comes here.” 12 And he sent and brought him in. Now he was ruddy and had beautiful eyes and was handsome. And the Lord said, “Arise, anoint him, for this is he.” 13 Then Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the midst of his brothers. And the Spirit of the Lord rushed upon David from that day forward. And Samuel rose up and went to Ramah.


Have a great day. God is cheering for you.

Marty

I promised a recipe for Goose.


Ingredients.

1 Goose breast (frozen)

1 large onion. Sliced thinly

1 stick of butter

Garlic Salt

Ground black pepper


Start by melting the butter in a frying pan.
Slice the goose breast into thin slices. This is done best while frozen. Sprinkle each piece with garlic salt and pepper.
Add the onions to the frying pan and turn the heat up to start cooking the onions.
Now add the goose slices. One minute on each side is enough. Remove the goose pieces when they are done. Add more butter if necessary to the pan. Keep browning and frying until all the meat is done.
The onions should be turning brown by now. Reduce the heat to warm and return the goose to the pan. Mix the meat and the onions together. Let them simmer slowly for 5 minutes.
You are now ready to serve the goose and onions over rice or pasta. Your choice!



No comments:

Post a Comment