Saturday, February 8, 2014

Comfort for Our Friends 2/8/14

Good Morning,

Very tired from the work week. But I am up early and off to have breakfast with a dear friend. But I am not leaving the house without my coffee cup filled with Door County Maple Coffee.

Over the last few weeks I had to deal with some personal disappointments. Reflecting back on the issues I see God's hand at work in my life. In that I will be content.

One other thing I struggled with is while talking with a good friend and hunting partner about some business he told me about his sister who was diagnosed with a severe type of cancer. You have to know this guy. He's a man's man, a gentleman, and hunting die hard. But to hear the quiver in his voice as he told me about his sister and all she meant to him, it had this tough guy with tears in his eyes too. I was at a loss for words. What do you say? I am sure we have all been in this situation.

Well here is what we should do. When we have no control over the situation, We should pray. I am in prayer for him and his sister as this is written today.

1 Thessalonians 5:17 (NASB)

17 pray without ceasing;

We should call more often and ask how they are doing. An important part of the Christian life is caring for others. The Bible gives us great direction on who and why we are to care for others. We are to treat others with love and kindness. God instructs us to care for the poor, fellow Christians, friends, and relatives

Philippians 2:4
Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.
Galatians 6:2
Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

My friend is a strong man, a kind and giving man. He will be surrounded by many who love him as he helps his sister. I also know that Jesus will carry them through whatever will come. But when a friend cannot go it alone we need to be there.

1 Peter 5:6-7 (NKJV)

Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.

Dear Friend you are down but God has you in the palm of His hand. Lean on me when it gets tough.


God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment