Monday, February 24, 2014

When a Man Loves a Woman 2/24/14

Good Morning,

I am headed to work early as is my custom for Mondays. My coffee today is Door County Highlander Grog. It is cold and spring seems to be eluding us.

I was away this past weekend on a trip to visit my Dad. I traveled with my brother and his two sons. We went on a 5 hour journey to the frozen tundra of Michigan to shovel off Dad's roofs and enjoy some time with Dad and Grandpa. My wife Rene stayed home with the dogs.

We sure had a good time in Michigan. It was a lot of work, but yet we had some time for a little fun. My nephew Matt is a gifted high school football player. But you can ask him what it is like to play football against his old linebacker uncle. His butt found the snow bank real quick. We laughed and just enjoyed every moment. But for me there were two things missing. We all talked about the sledding hill and how grandma would ride down it on her sled. She passed away a few years ago. Mom really enjoyed sledding. We were then recalling the night Rene tried it and crashed on the first run.

Genesis 2:24 ESV         
Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

That's what was missing. Nana and Rene. A mom is always a boy's first love. And then he moves on to a wife. I know my Dad was thinking about Mom and missing her. I missed my mother and my wife. It was a great time. But there was that little something missing. I guess, that's what happens when a man loves a woman.

Love your wife, spend time with your mom while you can.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment