Good Morning,
My cup of Door County Maple Coffee is kicking the cob webs out of my head this morning. And it is time to write.
Psalm74:17 NIV It was you who set all the boundaries of the earth;You made both summer and winter.
Yesterday I was gifted a large tree that was cut down months ago and now just needs to be cut into usable firewood. I have pretty good amount of wood ready to be split into 17 inch pieces for this winter. I just purchased a hydraulic log splitter for the task. It was ordered and paid for but won't be here for another few weeks. I normally split all our firewood by hand, but those days are gone now. My right shoulder really barks when it is overused and abused anymore. Once the splitter is here I will have two days of splitting and stacking to do. Once September rolls around and makes it's entrance, I will be ready for winter.
I am waiting patiently for the temperatures to drop a little at a time until that first fire is needed.
My point for the day is this. One thing you can count on is a change of seasons. God has built within the world it's own calendar. I especially love where we live because the change of seasons are totally noticeable. My attire changes and my food menu changes as well. Chili and stews become a weekly routine and my bald head goes from wearing a baseball cap to a wool hat.
One thing man has probably tried to control and can't is God's calendar. The change of seasons is God's way to show us He's in charge and He and only He can bring the seasons to open and close.
There is an awesome display of His power and majesty in every change in the seasons. we just have to wait patiently for the Artist to paint our view on a new canvas.
Food for thought.
Marty

Summer and winter and springtime and harvest
ReplyDeleteSun moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness mercy and love.
Great is His faithfulness!
Amen!!
Delete