Good Morning,
I just started to drink my cup of Door County Bourbon Vanilla Cream Coffee and it is time to write.
1 Peter 5:6 NIV Humble yourselves, therefore, under, God's mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time.
Yesterday I started moving things around in our garage to accommodate the installation of a new garage door next week. Several items have graduated to the "We Don't Need This Anymore List" and either have found a new home or are headed to the town dump.
In our garage we have three ladders an each one serves a purpose. We actually use all three, so they get to keep thier happy home. I am not very tall and find that 4-5 inches more on my stature would make life a lot easier. But I am what I am.
Where am I going with this? Every now and then one of our ladders comes into play when I need a lift up to help me with whatever I am doing. I can't get up into the rafters of our garage to obtain some hunting equipment without the use of a ladder. I can stretch and jump all that I want, but nothing goes up into the rafters or comes down without the help of a ladder.
As I age, the need for a little assistance now and then for things I used to be able to do without help gets to be more and more every year. Emotionally what never bothered me before, but now gets to me is more every year as well.
On those particular days when my mood is pensive or withdrawn I find I use my Bible more and more to give me a spiritual lift. I guess I need a spiritual ladder to keep me headed in the right direction and not become a lump of uselessness to others.
I believe we all can use a spiritual lift at times and should never stay low and forlorn when a lift is there at our fingertips. Friends use the spiritual ladder God gave us to assist us on those days when we seem to be low enough to play handball with a curb.
Food for thought!
God bless, Marty
No comments:
Post a Comment