May cup was just filled with Door County Bourbon Vanilla Cream Coffee and it is time to write.
I have always thought it is good practice to pray before you hit the woods, swamp, or lake. A prayer for safety, our families who are back home sleeping, and good weather. We try not to be too greedy while praying by asking God for a bounty of fowl or game.
Psalm 13:6 I will sing to the Lord, because He has dealt bountifully with me.
Just the other day I was doing some dog training with my dog Leo and my nephew's dog Waylon. I prayed before we started and it wasn't until we were finished training, that the light went on in my head.
The training session was a lot of fun. My goals were accomplished and a couple of rough spots were worked out. I was very happy with the experience. I found myself thanking God in prayer for our two dogs, some sunshine, and the land I used to train on.
I closed the event in prayer. Most of the time when I am out and a event comes to an end, I am busy picking up decoys, eating a donut to curb my appetite, and draining the last of my coffee from my insulated bottle and hurrying home.
Food for thought. Prayer before and after?
I am going to make an attempt in remembering to be thankful at the end of training and hunting sessions.
God Bless.
Marty

No comments:
Post a Comment