Friday, August 28, 2026

Yesterday I Saw A Smile 8/28/2026

 Good Morning,

I am sitting at my desk with a hot cup of Door County Jamaican Me Crazy Coffee and I am very content this morning. The coffee is just what I needed!

Psalm 77:14 NIV You are the God who performs miracles.Y0u display your power among the peoples.



I have been busier than normal lately and it looks like today will be a little lighter on the schedule. I have been working on hauling home some firewood that my brother helped me to cut last week. I have a large amount that needs to be split yet. I have enough already for this winter and I am actually working on the wood for next year. I like to be a year ahead. 

Our nephew and his family live about 15 minutes away from us and they gifted us a tree that had fallen down for the "Let's keep Marty and Rene warm foundation." I will be splitting firewood later in the month when the new log splitter arrives. Yesterday found me hauling the wood home. I was still at their home when my nephew came home from work and had their baby with him. She is just a wee little one. I peeked in at her sitting in her car seat and saw a smile on her little face for the first time. 

I was all sweaty and full of saw dust and I did not realize just how much a little smile from a baby could make a difference in an attitude and impact a heart like that one did. 

I took the wood home and while driving and recalling the smile I found myself smiling as well. Her smile is contagious and God used hers to impact a grumpy old man. God knew what I needed for the day and He delivered it though the smile of a baby.

Today my friends turn your frowns into a smile. It just might have an impact on the world!

God bless.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment