Thursday, August 6, 2026

Conceding To Age 8/6/2026

 Good Morning,

It's a tired morning in our house. My cup of Door County Bourbon Vanilla Cream Coffee is working hard to wake me up. It is time to write.

Isaiah 46:4 NIV Even to your old age and gray hairs, I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you. I will sustain you and rescue you. 

I have been working the last few days for our city as a poll station worker for an upcoming election. It is easy work but yesterday was a twelve hour day. I am basically out of shape for work. I can recall working many twelve hour days back in my prime and they never tired me out like they do now. 

The good old days!

I have been struggling with not being able to split firewood like I used to. I need a right shoulder replacement and an hour on the wood pile has me feeling the pain for two days. I am holding off as long as I can before I go under the knife. I have been shopping for a hydraulic log splitter and the trigger date on that purchase might just be today. I have conceded the battle with age and if I want a nice hot fire in our home the log splitter is now going to be my buddy.

My point for the day is this. We all get older and we just need to accept it and work smarter not harder. For our own good, there are times when we just have to find a work around or accept some help. Accepting help is a humbling moment that most men do not enjoy. But there comes a time when you just have to admit that the splitting axe just doesn't fly through the air and deliver a split piece of wood like it used to. 

That's enough whining for one morning. I have some shopping to do. And no. I am not shopping for fire wood!

Have a great day. 

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment