Tuesday, August 4, 2026

What Do You Expect When You Pray?

 Good Morning,

I have in front of me a hot mug of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee and it is time to write.


Quite often I am asked to pray for people who have a specific request and it is usually for them but also very often it is a request made on behalf of others. The request might be health related, jobe related, financial, or problems in the home. You name it and I have prayed for it.

This morning I am not bragging as to who or what I pray for. But the point is simple. No matter what I pray for I can always call on God to answer this way. Yes, No, or Wait. 

But! There have been times when I am praying for myself or others that His answer to their prayers is this. God places a call on their lives in His answer, which might just not be the answer you wanted, but despite your needs God has a plan for your life. Most of these calls on your life require action. The best thing you can do is to respond affirmatively.

Never are we to answer wait Lord or play let's make a deal with God. Our answer should be yes. Not "I will do what You ask if you answer my prayer the way I want it to be answered."

1st Samuel 3:9 Therefore Eli said to Samuel. "Go lie down and it shall be, if He calls you, that you must say. 'Speak Lord, Your servant hears.So Samuel went a lay down in his place. 

We don't usually expect God to answer our prayers with a command to go and serve. 

But our thoughts are not His. Just remember the right answer is Here I am send me!

God bless, Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment