Wednesday, August 12, 2026

The Time It Takes Is Really Nothing 8/12/2026

 Good Morning,

I am sitting at me desk with a hot cup of Door County Cinnamon Hazelnut Coffeea nd it is time to write. 

My wife Rene came through again for me yesterday. I want to publicly acknowledge her for what she did for me. 

Proverbs 16:24 ESV Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body.

Yesterday I was working as a poll voting worker in my city. Our work team all contributed to bringing something to eat for a pot luck lunch and dinner. I volunteered to bring smoked pork and some toppings. We had so much food with sweet treats besides, that we could have stayed a week if push came to shove. We all knew that we were going to work into the night and probably close to midnight. I assessed the fact that hauling all the stuff I needed to keep the food hot and served up just right was doable for sure, but it would be nice if I could get it home earlier. 

I gave Rene a call and within minutes she responded and loaded all the stuff that needed to go home and was gone in a flash. I introduced her to all of the folks that I worked with and then she was gone as fast as she had arrived. While there she received many words of sympathy from my working friends for being married to yours truly. She thought that was hilarious. Funny funny!

When I made it home after that 16 hour day Rene was still up and wanted to share with me some things that she did while I was gone and what appointments that had been made, 

I made sure to say thank you for bailing me out, which allowed me to get to sleep sooner. 

It only takes a moment to make eye contact and deliver a sincere thank you. Some flowers might just land on the dining room table today.  

Please and thank you go a long long way in being genuine. So mind your manners today and always. A kind request and a kind thank you doesn't take but a moment. 

Food for thought. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment