Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Swimming, But Going Nowhere. 9/2/2014

Good Morning,

Already Tuesday and headed to Friday, Amen! My coffee this morning is Door County Cinnamon Hazelnut. My cup is full and I am headed out the door with a smile on my face and a prayer in my heart.

Yesterday was the start of goose hunting season. Our puppy Gibbs is now two years old and eager to hunt. This little Springer Spaniel is a smaller version of the breed. But his heart is large enough to be two dogs.

We have received quite a bit of rain lately and the rivers are a little swollen and the currents just a little faster. Well my hunting spot is on the river and I always walk down the river with my dog. Our last hunter Fritz had long legs and was quite powerful. As we headed out in the dark, we were traveling with the current. It was dark and cloudy. I was hunting with my Nephew Nick. He noticed that Gibbs was way ahead of us. I whistled for Gibbs and I could see the reflection of his eyes as he turned to us. The current had carried him down river and he was resting near some dead falls that supported him staying still. We set up right there and hunted for awhile.

As with every hunt this one too came to an end. It was time to go back to the trucks. This time the trip was against the current. I made sure that I hugged the river bank as we waded back. Gibbs for the most part was able to get his feet on the ground and we headed back. All was just fine until we reached a spot that was a little deeper and the current was stronger. His little legs were swimming hard but he was going nowhere. We were a few steps ahead when I looked back at Gibbs. There was no panic in him just determination to keep up. But there was no way he was going to be able to do that.
Nick reached over and helped him with a gentle hand on his collar. Nick gave him an assist. I led Gibbs closer to the river bank where he gained his footing and continued to mange for himself. We helped him one more time as we made our trek back to the landing. He always looked up with eyes that said " I knew you had my back". He is a strong dog and like all of us just needed a little encouragement and a helping hand.

God tells us that we are to look to Him in times of trouble and in times where we need comfort. he is there to push us along and pull us when necessary.

Psalm 121 New King James Version (NKJV)

God the Help of Those Who Seek Him

A Song of Ascents.

121 I will lift up my eyes to the hills—
From whence comes my help?
My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to be moved;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, He who keeps Israel
Shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord is your keeper;
The Lord is your shade at your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
Nor the moon by night.
The Lord shall preserve you from all evil;
He shall preserve your soul.
The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in
From this time forth, and even forevermore.
 
Reach out to God and let Him help you in your journey.
 
God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment