Monday, September 8, 2014

Being Married 9/8/2014

Good Morning,
My coffee today is Door County Maple. This is one of my favorite coffee flavors. To be honest with you I like anything that is maple flavored. I will be opening a jar of maple mustard this month when I hunt in North Dakota.

Yesterday we were able to spend some time with dear friends and their children. It was our annual harvest the apples from our trees day. We were blessed to have more apples than expected. We sure appreciate this family and all the help they give so graciously. Their kids scaled the trees and very soon all the apples were picked and loaded into their car and our garage.

The afternoon went into supper and a little beyond. We grilled some meat and potatoes. We munched on strawberries for dessert. The house was filled with laughter and sooner than we thought some sleepy kids.

After our guests headed for home I mentioned to Rene that this day each year is one that I look forward to. She smile as she loaded the dish washer and said "Me too".

Rene and I are two different people for sure. But we also have a lot in common. As the years go by we find more and more things that we enjoy together. I mentioned my thoughts to her and she replied "that's what marriage is all about, enjoying things and people together."

I guess our wedding verse has really come to be a part of our lives.

Ruth 1:16-17

16 But Ruth said:
“Entreat me not to leave you,
Or to turn back from following after you;
For wherever you go, I will go;
And wherever you lodge, I will lodge;
Your people shall be my people,
And your God, my God.
17 Where you die, I will die,
And there will I be buried.
The Lord do so to me, and more also,
If anything but death parts you and me.”
 
This is the good life and I am truly grateful.
 
God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment