Friday, September 5, 2014

Anonymous Gifts 9/5/2014

Good Morning,

Friday is here once again. I can always say that Friday is welcome every week. My coffee today is Door County Maple. Wow, now that is what fall coffee should taste like. I enjoy this one especially when it is super cold outside.

I don't know about you all but I like to give anonymous gifts. My good buddy Don and I used to go out at Christmas for breakfast and order some coffee and a little bite to eat. We would then leave a tip that was about 5 times more than what would customarily be given to the waiter or waitress. We would then leave quickly and watch from afar to see the reaction of the waiter or waitress. They would often look around to say thank you but we would be long gone.

There is another way we can gift people anonymously that may have a greater impact. We can pray for people from around the world and they might never know that you prayed for them. You can call upon God on their behalf. For instance last night I prayed for a heroin addict that I might not ever meet. I heard about him yesterday.  We all can do that. You can give the gift of your love and time. Better yet you get to spend time with God while gifting. Our prayers can do so much and we can give of our time to help someone and it is totally anonymous.  The best gift we can give is to call upon God for help, comfort, blessings or intervention for others.

1 Timothy 2:1         
First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people,

So friends, "give away" and enjoy helping those who can use some prayer. If you can't think of anyone, ask God to show you who to pray for.

God bless,
Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment