Wednesday, September 10, 2014

I Want To Go Where Love Is 9/10/2014

Good Morning,

Stormy weather is in the forecast for this morning. So my coffee is going to match the weather. Today my cup is filled with Door County Jamaican Me Crazy.

In my travels I have visited and worked in a few orphanages. Many of the kids will live there until their adult life. Very few are ever adopted once they are beyond toddler age. When I visited an orphanage many years ago a little girl was telling me how she pictured a home that she could go to and love would be there.  I asked her how she knew if love would be there. She replied "if I don't want to leave and no one wants me to leave, love is there. I told her how love can live within us through Jesus and that Jesus is love.

Jesus describes the depth of His love for us, “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete” (John 15:9-11). He loves us no matter what—even when we disobey. But we will live in His love, enjoy His love, as we obey Him.

This little girl never did get adopted. She eventually went on to study at a university, but came back to her orphanage to work as the administrator. I asked her why she came back. She told me that she always wanted to live where love was and she would know love when she did not want to leave and no one wanted her to leave. She said. "I hope these little ones find the love of Jesus in me". She was home.

Where do you want to live?

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment