Monday, September 29, 2014

Just Resting For Awhile 9/29/2014

Good Morning,

My coffee this Morning is Door County Highlander Grog. I really enjoy this flavor on Monday's especially. It has a little bit of a stronger brew to it.


My weekend was especially busy as I travelled to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and visited with my Dad. Of course the dog and the shot gun were with me so I could chase some ducks and grouse. I found the weather to be a little too warm for productive hunting although I managed to get a couple ducks.

With the weather being as warm as it was I needed to keep our dog Gibbs well hydrated and cool. I know the land pretty well where I hunt and knew how long we could go before needing a rest and some water. So we would walk and hunt, then rest and he would cool off in a stream or pond. Yesterday as we wrapped up the hunt I decided to take him to one of my favorite spots and let him play in the water until he was cool and "clean". I was able to carry in my bible and a study book. The time spent there was so refreshing. It was peaceful and quiet. The landscape was painted in fall colors. A few leaves were falling.

I had walked quite a bit earlier and the rest along with a bottle of cold water did me very well. I spent some time reading and praying while Gibbs swam and played.

I knew I wasn't alone though. I was very content and my Bible study was fruitful. I was with God and the nature He gave me to use.

Deuteronomy 4:29New American Standard Bible (NASB)
29 But from there you will seek the Lord your God, and you will find Him if you search for Him with all your heart and all your soul.


Have a great day. Take time to seek Him.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment