Good Morning,
There is a hot mug of Door County German Chocolate Cake at my side and it is time to write.
Proverbs 27:1 Don not boast about tomorrow. For you do not know what a day may bring forth.
The weather forecasters are predicting some heavy storms to hit our area today. I for one will welcome the rain which is much needed. The storms I can do without. I do appreciate the technology that helps to keep us safe. Reacting quickly to an advancing storm has probably spared many a life.
My point for today is this. We go through seasons of storms in our own lives. I am not talking about the rain, hail, and wind type. I am not talking about a snow storm that that buries our home. I am talking about the inevitable storms of reality that arrive when someone you love passes away. I will be attending the funeral of a friend today and I did so the other day as well. Both of these families had advance warning as to when their loved one would pass away.
The funeral I attended the other day was also one where the family was prepared and there was of course some sorrow and mourning, but yet there was peace. They had taken time to prepare their hearts for the loss.
Here is it is folks. Death will come to all of us, with at times a predictable time. Then there are the times that are not expected and are a total shock to the family and friends.
So obtain favorite recipes now. At all times, visit while you can. Don't pass up the chance for one more outing with your families and friends. Say what needs to be said now. Don't wait to make someone else smile. Death always comes, and is not always predictable.
Marty

No comments:
Post a Comment