Sunday, July 26, 2026

Beat Up In My Own Back Yard 7/26/2026

 Good Morning,

Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee filled my mug with gusto this morning. 

Yesterday I noticed a small hornet fly into a container I use to house small pieces of wood to burn in our fire pit out on the patio. When I got closer to the box of wood I saw about 5-6 hornets come out to let me know that I was not welcome near the box. 

2nd Corinthians 11:14 ESV And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 



I retreated with my two furry Springer Spaniels into the house without getting stung. Hoorah for me. I waited a half an hour and returned to the battle ground with a can of spray touted to be the best for fighting with wasps, hornets and yellow jackets. I sprayed right into the wood container. 

The fight was on! Soon I found myself surrounded by these terrorists and it did not take too long (30 seconds) to see that I was almost out of ammunition (spray) and they were not playing defense, they were on the offense! My right arm was the first casualty in this war. A retreat was in order. What at first was 5-6 hornets, turned into a cloud of the crazed attackers.

After a trip to the battle implement emporium I was re-armed with plenty of spray and a high pressure hose. Both weapons were needed and as of this morning I believe  I won the war for control of our back yard.  My arm still stings but a little more Benadryl will assist with the first aid. 

My point for the day is this. Sooner or later our two dogs would have ended up sticking their noses into that box of wood and they would have ben hornet fodder. Or my unsuspecting wife while, watering her plants might have been attacked. This had all the warning signs of being a danger to my family or visitors. So the danger was eliminated and I replaced the box with one that has a snap on cover and now I will watch closer to see if the flying terrorists come back. 

But what other dangers do we bring into our homes that are disguised as good, yet when over done become a battle for control in your home. Too much unneeded debt can sting when the bill is due. One two many nights drunk and inebriated allows for other bad choices to come into the home, like wandering eyes, uncontrolled anger and lack of respect for your family. 

Food for thought. Are you willing to fight for your family and home or do you allow invaders to run rampant?

Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment